Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life and you want to look your best. Having our hair and makeup done by professionals is just one of those things that you know you have to have. You and your wedding party should look perfect and there are wedding hairstyles that will look perfect no matter t he length and texture of your hair and the hair of those in your bridal party.
Finding your Hairstylist in NYC
Although there are numerous professional hairstylists in the NYC area you will want to choose the one who makes you the most comfortable. You will want to be able to convey the look you are attempting to achieve for your hair and the hair of your wedding party. Whether you are choosing to have a very simple look for the hair or upsweeps that are elegant, you will need to find the right hair stylist. Choosing a great NYC hairstylist that can give you the look you want for your big day is certainly on the wedding “to-do” list. You will want to have a hairstylist that can give you the look you are wanting to achieve and to have you looking your best throughout your wedding day. If you would like to have your hair stylist travel out to you on the morning of your wedding, make sure that this is prearranged so there is no last-minute confusion.
When you begin your search for the perfect bridal hair style artist in NYC make sure you write down any questions or concerns you may have. Choose at least three different bridal and hair makeup artists in the NYC area. Once you call the different businesses they will work with you to set up an appointment for a consultation. All consultations should be free of charge. If you have a busy work schedule or do not want to travel to the hairstylists location many will travel out to meet you.
Keep in mind that your wedding day is something that you want to remember for the rest of your life and you want to keep things as stress-free as possible.
Different Types of Wedding Hairstyles
No matter the length of your hair and the hair of your bridal party participants there is a style for everyone. Here, we will just go through a few of the many styles that are possible.
- Romantic Waves: Perfect for those with medium to long hair and can be worn with or without accessories. Although this look does not take a lot of work it keeps the look simple and romantic. In the world of hairstylists this type of look is considered a “down do”.
- Tied-Up: Elegant yet simple is the look that is achieved with the tied-up tendrils. A few wisps or curls are left out and the look is stunning.
- Top Knotted: For the most elegant of looks a topknot does the trick. High style has never been easier to achieve. A braid can be added to the hair before putting it up and this adds to the look and elegance. Many brides choose to have small pieces of baby’s breath flowers or glitter added.
- Sleek: The sleek look can be achieved with the use of the ponytail and including slick parts and details. This is one of the most modern looks available this year. Details can be added such as a bow or hair combs to add to the look.
- Twisted: Another elegant look that is taken from the fairy tales. Twisting the hair adds grace and charm. Twists normally begin with a braid, but it can be achieved with great success without the addition of the braids.
Best Hairstylists in NYC
We will have a look at some of the best hairstylists in NYC for weddings. Of course, choosing the professional that best fits your wedding needs and budget is strictly a personal decision.
- Paul Podlucky– Paul is the go-to for every social event happening in the NYC area. He has become the expert for the celebs and goes with a less is more philosophy. Paul has worked on set with super models and celebs. He helps them perfect their posture and finds the best angle for photoshoots. His bridal hair dos never look overdone. He pulls away from over teasing the hair and making it look unnatural. Paul Podlucky works from his residence on the Upper East Side. When he does travel for weddings he will only work with two clients to keep things stress free and to create a relaxing experience.
- Prim n Per’fect– Receiving excellent reviews from brides all over the NYC area the team at Prim n Per’fect is a perfect match for many. Sitting with the bride and making sure that all of the needs are met is just one of the many things that Prim n Per’fect does to make your wedding day a successful one. Prim n Per’fect will bring the salon to you and help to reduce the stress that can be associated with the wedding day jitters. Located in NYC, Jhenelle and her professional team provide the best in professional NYC hair and makeup services. Clients of Prim n Per’fect include NBC, Kleenex, The Event Planner, Karen Brown New York, and VH-1.
- Matt Fugate– Located at the Sally Hershberger Salon Matt has been honing his skills for years under Sally Hershberger. Matt includes delicate razor cuts and extensions as part of his professionally learned skills. His wedding hair styles consist of day looks and elegant night looks. Clients of Matt include Brooke Shields and Claire Danes. Matt is a firm believer that a bride to radiate on her wedding day and that her hair should not be overdone. Matt Fugate is based at the Sally Hershberger Downtown in New York City.
Above are a few of the leading NYC hairstylists available for your wedding hairstyles. If you would like to have one of these renowned artists do your hair on your wedding day it is advisable to contact them as early as possible to set up a consultation because they fill up fast. Your hair and makeup are just one factor when it comes to planning the most perfect wedding day.